Monday, November 10, 2008

Colin and Chip got their shots!!!

Well, Well, I will start out by telling about chips shots b/c he went first! Chip is our dog for those who don't know. He is a 5 lb chihuahua which was our child before Colin was born. Well he doesn't take to well to shots, last year when he got them, I had to take him back b/c of an allergic reaction. So this year our vet said she would give him a steroid shot first so he would not break out like last time. She also instructed us to go ahead and start giving him benadryl every 4 hours. So I was thinking surly after all of this he will not react this year. Well it wasn't but about 1 1/2 hours after we got home and our little one looked like a bull dog. His face/snout was so huge and his eyes were almost shut they were so swollen. So I called the vets office back and they said to wait a little longer and see if it wouldn't go down. We had to go and get Colin's shots and 1:30 so I gave him another dose of benadryl before we left and prayed he would not be dead when we got home. He wasn't and he was a little better when we came home to check on him.... He did throw up approximately 5 times and it was sooo gross. Colin did very good with his shots, he of coarse screamed when the nurse gave them to him, but afterwards he was fine. He never got a fever and he didn't even act like his legs were sore. (he is a tough little rascal)!!! anyway glad those are over for now! Colin weighed in at 13 lbs and 5 ozs at 9weeks old. He doesn't miss a meal that is for sure. He is now on a great schedule sleeping until 5:30 every morning! He usually goes down between 9:00-10:30. I couldn't ask for more. The time is approaching for me to return to work:( I am already sad thinking about it. Oh and thanks to all who have been praying for us about a daycare. St. Paul's called today and said they had someone to leave or not come so they could take Colin now! Praise the Lord! God sure does answer prayers! I was totally happy with just making do until Jan. But I think this will be good for him to get into a good schedule. So thanks again for the prayers! That is about all that is going on around here. Matt is about to go back on for his week of working:( How sad, but I have enjoyed him being off with us for a week! I went to B'ham on Sat to a show that my mom and dad were working!Matt kept Colin here(he couldn't miss the Alabama game) ROLL TIDE!!! I had so much fun! I went with a lady that works with my mom and her two daughters. It was a blast! I sure did miss my two favorite men though! I got Colin a couple of things to wear around the Christmas season! That is about all! It was fun to look though!

No comments: