Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Strep throat, ear infections, pneumonia, and ear surgery all in one month!

after his surgery for his tubes
looking up at Mama! (mother's day)

The sweetest boy I know!!! I love him so much!


My happy fat little man!

Daddy and Coiln!




standing up in bed! with fuzzy hair!


Playing with the clothes basket!


Playing in his toy basket (this is when he had strep throat)



Getting ready for a bath! Very excited!



Enjoying his bath!



Well it has been a little while since I have blogged! A lot has been going on in our world since Easter! Colin wasn't feeling too good on a Sunday so I kept him home from Church and decided I would take him to the Dr the next day to make sure he didn't have ear infections etc...I figured I would just take him into daycare after the Dr.'s appt. Boy was I wrong....He had strep throat and both ears were infected. So he stayed home for a few days and went back later in the week and the Dr wanted us to see Dr Cosby about his ears. Well we took him the next week for that Dr. appt and Dr Cosby said he definitely needed tubes to help his ear infections. So he scheduled the surgery. Well on the following Sunday he woke up yet again with a high fever and very lethargic. He just wasn't himself at all. So I took him to the Dr. office on Monday and I was there at 7:30-they didn't open until 8. I was the third one to sign the sheet and we waited almost 4 hours.(the Dr.'s started using a new computer system that day so it took forever) Well after Colin had to get an x-ray and his finger pricked for blood, Dr. ski came back in to tell us he had pneumonia and laryngitis. To keep him out of daycare until Wed or when his fever went down. Well his fever was down so he went back to daycare Wed. well Wed night he started violently throwing up. Matt and I looked at each other and said, "oh my gosh we need to call the Dr." So I called the nurses line and they said oh that all sounds normal. We didn't think that was very normal at all, so I called first thing the next day and they said to bring him back in, that did not sound normal. So I took him back in and waited about 3 1/2 hours that day and got to see Dr Buckle (our favorite) He spent about 30 min in the room with us explaining many things that we did not know. He also took him off lots of medicine that I wasn't comfortable with him taking in the first place. He gave us a new type inhaler for his breathing treatments because if any of you have ever seen my child, you know that he will NOT sit still for a 15 min (or longer)for a breathing tx. This is so much easier and takes literally on a few seconds. He is so cute when you go to put the mask on, he just opens his little mouth like he knows what to do. It has really helped with not only keeping his asthma under control, but also his acid reflux has improved a little! So he is finally feeling more like himself on Friday (oh by the way Dr. Buckle said we should have left him out of daycare the whole week not tried to take him back). he is scheduled for surgery on Monday for his tubes. We got to the hospital Monday morning at 5:45 wow that was definitely early for me! He was in and out of surgery and he seems to be feeling better than ever! He is back to his old self which we have missed so much! Now for the fun part!!! Colin is doing so much. He is a very very very fast crawler! He knows when we say NO! (he turns and looks at us with sad eyes)! He will give great big hugs when you pick him up. He "kisses" our cheeks!!! his is cruising I think is what they call it! when he stands he can hold on to the table/pack n play and walk around it holding on. He always lets go thinking he can stand there by himself! He loves a bath, he hates lotion and getting his clothes on he would rather be in a diaper only! He loves to play peek a boo! He is never still and wants to be in anything and everything possible! He also loves to unplug everything at our house! He is back to sleeping good (after the rough patch through being sick). And he loves the camera. Every time I turn my camera on it makes a noise and he looks up and gives the biggest smile you will ever see! So that is what all has been going on! We are leaving for vacation Saturday and we can't wait! We are going to the beach! I will take lots of pictures and post when I get back! Have a great rest of the week and weekend!

3 comments:

kristy said...

Bless your heart girl! I am glad little Colin is doing better! If you guys need anything just give me call!

Shannon Willcutt said...

Bless ya'lls hearts! Poor baby!!

Gab Mesina said...

He's such a cutie!